The Association of Swiss Woodworking Machinery and Tool Manufacturers VSHF was founded in 1932. In 2003, the name was changed into "Woodworking Technology Switzerland" (HBT Switzerland) and new member categories were introduced.
The objectives of the association remain the same: HBT Switzerland supports and promotes the common interests of its members by:
- Co-operating with all organisations involved in woodworking in one way or another
- Co-operating with SUVA, the Swiss national accident insurance fund, and other supervisory authorities, in order to continuously improve safety devices, to reduce the risks of accidents and to further the protection of the environment
- Organising trade fairs and developing the standard specifications in technology and engineering of the European association EUMABOIS where the Swiss association is represented.
HBT Switzerland currently counts around 70 members whose objective is to manufacture high quality products, designed for excellent performance and corresponding to the state of the art in technology as well as to offer the corresponding services. Membership is open to natural and legal persons with a domicile in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein which manufacture, have manufactured and distribute products of the woodworking industry, such as:
- Woodworking machinery and tools
- Engineering and production of woodworking plants incl. handling, transport and storage equipment
- Process supporting equipment and components
- Materials and semi-finished products
- Furniture fittings, auxiliary materials and accessories
- Related software and services
The same applies to design and engineering offices as well as to direct commercial agencies.